UNLVino Fun Facts
- The first ever UNLVino was a one-day event that was held in a warehouse.
- At the first UNLVino in 1974, there were only 25 tables with a few wines featured at each station.
- Tony Goitia, Territory Manager of Southern Wine & Spirits of Nevada, first got involved with UNLVino in 1981 when he helped pour wine. He hasn’t missed a UNLVino since!
- UNLVino was held in the Thomas & Mack Center in 1985 to accommodate the growing crowds.
- In 2004, UNLVino became a three-day event as they added Bubble-Licious and Auss-some to the line-up. This was also the year that the Grand Tasting was born.
- In 2006 Sake Fever replaced Auss-some at UNLVino and makes its grand return this year on Friday, April 17 at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa.